The New Moto X specs have now been confirmed after appearing on a German Retail Site. Now we will know for sure within the next hour.
Now to the specs
THE NEW MOTO X
– Operating System: Android ™ 4.4.4, Kitkat®
– Processor: 2.5 GHz Snapdragon Qualcomm® ™ 801 processor with – quad-core CPU, MSM 8974-AC, Adeno 330 GPU
– Memory capacity: 16 GB
– Amount of memory (RAM): 2 GB
– Display diagonal (inch): 5.2 inch
– Display: AMOLED, 1,080 (423 ppi)
– Camera resolution: 13 Mpixel
– Front camera resolution: 2 MP
– Built-in flash: yes
– Camera functions: 4x Digital Zoom, slow motion video, continuous – shooting, auto HDR, panorama, tap to focus
– Video recording: 1080p HD video (30 fps)
– Speakers: Front (bottom)
– Bluetooth profiles: 4.0 LE + EDR
– Connections: Micro-USB, 3.5 mm headset jack
– Wireless Interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / g / b / n / ac (dual band capable), mobile hotspot, Bluetooth
– Dimensions (W / H / D): 72.4 / 140.8 / 3.8-9.9 mm
– Weight: 144 g
– Battery capacity: 2300 mAh
I am glad to see the Snapdragon 801, many rumors said a Snapdragon 800 was inside.
The most disappointing part of this news for me is the very small 2300 mAh battery, While the Amoled display will help with power consumption its still a 5 Inch display and will consume significant power, This has to be the most disappointing part of the specs we have seen.
Motorola the theme for you this year will be battery life, I sincerely hope you’re not just betting on Project Volta, After seeing the leaked WSJ review on the Moto 360 not enough battery life could be a Motorola theme this year.
What are your thoughts on the specs of this device and are you getting the new moto x?